The Gilded Thorn Band

of Fortnight, Drackenvelt, Warwick. Est. July 2014.

• Reply to topic

Undead and such

Gabriel Rose
Bandoleer

Commendations
Positions Held: Founding Member, Bandoleer: July 2014 - June 2015, January 2016 - Present.

Undead and such

Post by Gabriel Rose on Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:28 am

This past event we saw a lot of Necromancy being thrown around. I just wanted to remind everyone that IG culturally Gypsies think that Necromancy is just the worst, one of the most impure things you could do to a body; what was previously a living breathing person with a soul and everything and this necromancer has defiled that and brought all sorts of bad juju into this area. Gypsies fight undead with a passion and are quick to persecute Necromancers.

Of course this is the widely accepted view the Gypsy people as a whole have adopted but if your character might react differently to undead and/or necromancers because of character history stuff then by all means do so; you are not obligated to follow this ideal. But if you are playing a traditional Gypsy, I thought you might want to know this little tidbit. I know I didn't get this until after about my first year of playing Gabriel.

Also, this applies to undead and just death in general. Which is the reason why we are searching for a good way to have a spot for resurrections in our cabin at Fortnight that can be cleansed regularly.
Archibald
Torque

Commendations
Positions Held: Torque: June 2015 - March 2016; October 2016 - Present

Re: Undead and such

Post by Archibald on Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:04 pm

So about how quickly would/should we move to persecute a necromancer? I haven't yet had my background approved (mostly I have been busy and have yet to type it out and send it, but I'm working on it) but what I would like to do with Archie is to have him be born and raised in childhood as a traditional gypsy, but in order to account for my own person lack of gypsy cultural knowledge I would like to take a - raised by someone else because reasons - approach.

I could understand threatening someone should they attempt to raise a gypsy as a zombie or whatever, but would I just attack any old necromancer or more take the 'report to the authorities i.e. Jack route?
Gabriel Rose
Bandoleer

Commendations
Positions Held: Founding Member, Bandoleer: July 2014 - June 2015, January 2016 - Present.

Post by Gabriel Rose on Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:21 am

It's something Gypsies can agree on that we all hate. But it's not like a blinding rage or anything, you can be smart about dealing with a necromancer if that is what your character would do. I'm going to be having words with Junko very soon about the situation but that's how Gabriel would deal with it first and then move onto other options. It's up to you and where you think your character would go.

And if you have questions about any part of the Legacies Gypsy culture, Jessie is a really good source of information and I'm slowly building to her level of In Gameness. If I can't answer any question you might have, I can bother Jessie about it. That's the point of the Gypsy Culture forum, so any of you can ask questions about stuff your character would know but you don't necessarily.
Ahnica
Coldoon

Commendations
Positions Held: Founding Member, Coldoon since July 2014

Post by Ahnica on Thu May 21, 2015 10:38 pm

My rule, personally is one warning. "Hey, that shit is horrible and evil, don't do it, and especially don't do it to me or mine." Once they have been warned, we are free to go all medieval on their asses. Necromancy, in addition to being evil, is also illegal, so we would not be violating any Alban laws by kicking their asses for it. And this is the frontier, so like, things are pretty loose as far as the law goes out here, which means nobody gives a shit when people take the law into their own hands.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:31 pm